Sports Premium Funding
PE and Sports Premium 2018-2019
What is the PE and Sports Premium?
The government provide additional funding per annum for schools to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools.
What is the purpose of the funding?
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but schools have been given the freedom to choose how they do this.
At Smallwood our objective is to raise the profile and outcomes for children in PE, sport and physical activity through high quality provision and ensuring that children achieve a sense of enjoyment.
As a school we employ sports and dance coaches for children in Reception to Year 6 at a cost that well exceeds the total grant.
In 2019-2020 funding will be spent on:
- participation in inter-school events and Wandsworth tournaments
- improving the quality of lunchtime play
- organisation and running of sports day
- Swimming provision
- Before and after-school coaches to support the development of sport
- promoting CPD opportunities for teachers
- targeted work with children through enrichment
- High-quality sports coaches in partnership with AFC Wimbledon