Welcome to Smallwood Primary School and Language Unit.
We hope you and your family will find the information provided here a useful introduction to our school.
Smallwood Primary School is a happy, vibrant and friendly inner-city school. We are an inclusive school where all children are treated equally. We celebrate their right to be different and to reach their potential in different ways.
Our school is dedicated to raising standards in teaching and learning and to this end we are committed to:
- Providing a safe, caring, welcoming and well resourced environment where all children are given opportunities to maximise their potential and to become independent learners.
- Providing an excellent and dedicated staff and an enriched and broad curriculum so that all children can perform to the highest level developing a desire to learn and to become life long learners.
- Creating an inclusive school where the unique diversity of pupils is both recognised and valued.
- Ensuring our children are equipped with the skills to become motivated and responsible citizens able to use the tools of a modern and challenging technological society.
- Celebrating all achievement, developing pupil confidence, self-belief and sense of worth.
- Creating a strong sense of community where its members respect each other, work together in partnership and encourage co-operation and a sense of purpose.
OUR SCHOOL MOTTO
LEARNING TOGETHER, LEARNERS FOR LIFE REFLECTS OUR COMMITMENT TO INSTILLING A LOVE OF LEARNING THAT WE HOPE WILL STAY WITH OUR CHILDREN LONG AFTER THEY LEAVE SMALLWOOD.