Welcome to Smallwood Primary School and Language Unit.
Smallwood Primary School is a happy, vibrant and friendly inner-city school. We are an inclusive school where all children are treated equally. We celebrate their right to be different and to reach their potential in different ways.
We are proud of our school and therefore encourage all visitors to our website, to come and visit our school. We know you will feel our ethos when you enter and as you walk around our school and talk to staff and pupils.
Learning together, Learners for life with ambition, achievement and progress for all
We exist every day to provide the best education for everyone to be successful learners, confident individuals, effective contributors and responsible citizens.
Never Give Up
Always Take Part
Everyone Is Equal
Believe In Yourself
Our school is dedicated to raising standards in teaching and learning and to this end we are committed to:
- Providing a safe, caring, welcoming and well resourced environment where all children are given opportunities to maximise their potential and to become independent learners.
- Providing an excellent and dedicated staff and an enriched and broad curriculum so that all children can perform to the highest level developing a desire to learn and to become life long learners.
- Creating an inclusive school where the unique diversity of pupils is both recognised and valued.
- Ensuring our children are equipped with the skills to become motivated and responsible citizens able to use the tools of a modern and challenging technological society.
- Celebrating all achievement, developing pupil confidence, self-belief and sense of worth.
- Creating a strong sense of community where its members respect each other, work together in partnership and encourage co-operation and a sense of purpose.